Friday, March 30, 2012

The Baltimore House...Forevermore


“I myself am made entirely of flaws, stitched together with good intentions.” 
― Augusten Burroughs


Earlier tonight I posted an opinion piece that was not fully thought through. There is a local cafe in my city that has recently became one of my favorite spots. I had seen a twitter post about them putting on a "Seance Thursday" theme night. Immediately I was disappointed. Personal convictions and expediences have shown me that seances and other such events can have a real impact on people, and not always in a good way. That being said I did what I have always done; I wrote my thoughts down. In 2002 that would have been the end of the story as we didn't have the internet traffic like we do now. Nowadays, one can post something and with in minutes spread it all over the globe. This doesn't mean that the messages sent are any more or less powerful, just that they are more known. So when I posted on my little blog and twittered it out, I thought nothing of it. With in minutes I had people contacting me through many different forms of media. At first I was confused, I had just written a opinion piece... was there something I was missing? The answer was and is yes. I had written the post with my heart, and left out my brain. I did no research on what was really going on. On their webpage it clearly states what was going on...

   "The Baltimore House presents Hamilton’s darkest night of dancing and invite you to come get lost with us in the fog and lights! We spin the iciest and crispest post-dub, witch-house, new-wave, techno, hip-hop and R&B all night long in The Parlour and chilliest trip-hop, chopped/screwed sounds in The Maryland Room. You’ve never experienced anything like this before." - Description taken from their online calandar


That doesn't sound evil, probably because it isn't. Clearly I over reacted. I don't want to make excuses, I just want to say I am sorry.

I do however want to clarify a few things...
  • First off, I have been a huge fan of The Baltimore House since I first entered the doors. I have brought many of my friends there and will continue to. 
  • Secondly, after seeing many of my friends live a life full of darkness, depression while searching for hope in things like black magic and rituals of the sort, I cannot say that I personally support things like that. So in my books seances are not cool. Dancing to music with a smoke machine to give an eerie feel, totally cool.  
  • Thirdly, I'm not a closed minded individual, but that doesn't mean I always blab blog using my head. As this blog is called "Projected Knowledge and Presumed Stupidity", I normally just like to brain dump whatever is on my mind here...sometimes that's wisdom, but most nights as tonight it is just folly.
  • Fourthly, I love Hamilton. We have such creative and passionate people. I do truly think it is important to support those people in there endeavors. Keep urban exploring, our city has great things in it. 
  • Fifthly, please follow The Baltimore House on Twitter, like them on Facebook and visit them in the up coming days. I promise you won't be disappointed!  

Faith, Love & Dynamite <3
Riantgorkette

No comments:

Post a Comment