Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Big Box Stores Minus the Big Boxes

Today was a fun day. I woke up early and headed off to help out with Kids Camp. In the morning I ran games and by lunch time my voice was gone. After having a quick sandwich for lunch I began talking with others about what the games were going to be after lunch. They decided on doing an obstacle course using gymnastic mats. As a joke I suggested we make a giant bed from all the mats and just have nap time. I lied down on one as a joke to give an example. What had started out as a joke, turned into a 2 hour nap. Oops! I guess I was more tired than I realized. After my nap I finished off the Kids Camp day, and went on a mini hunt. Turns out tomorrow they are making prayer huts and they needed big boxes. So where would one find big boxes? At the big box stores of course! Well at least that's what I thought, but after calling every Home Depot, Lowe's, Costco and Sears in the area we were still without boxes. Not to worry though, I called the Brick as my last resort and they had some, so we are all good. But it got me thinking, it's ironic that big box stores don't sell big boxes or even have big boxes on site. There is something wrong about that. Anyhow that was my day. Simon Tofield has come out with a new Simon's Cat video. It's about boxes. Enjoy!




Faith, Love and Dynamite<3
RiantGorkette

No comments:

Post a Comment