Thursday, August 5, 2010

Frustrations over Finicky Things

So this morning I went into work early (8:00am) so that I could make up a disc for a mediation our firm was doing. I worked on the disc for over an hour and a half, and every moment of it was a challenge. I didn't have access to certain things (important things) and the CD decided to resort back to default settings causing me to have to reformat all them all again. If that wasn't annoying enough I also had to deal with missing and broken links. Searching our entire database looking for a link that wasn't labelled properly then finding the document that it was meant to be and relinking it, took some time and patience. I finally finished the disc and felt a wave of satisfaction sweep over me. That wave was short lived as I soon found out that the lawyers had all already left for the mediation, without the laptop or my prepared disc!! Ah! Sure most the time you don't need the disc or laptop for the mediation, they are just luxuries. But still I wrestled with that finicky disc for over a hour, so I'm slightly frustrated. Break is over, and so must be my rant.

Faith, Love and Dynamite<3
RiantGorkette

No comments:

Post a Comment