Wednesday, August 4, 2010

The Past...In New Light

One of my memories as a child was of the great ice storm of 1998. I remember staying with family and friends during that time, and doing things old school way. With no electricity and in some places no water, accomplishing even the most basic chores was difficult. At the time, my friends and I found fun in the nature of outside and in simple activities such as walks. One thing that sticks out in my mind the most about that time, was our reliance on candles. I remember every night playing board games or reading a book with the family by candle light. Today I decided to recreate those memories, in a way. Today I lit a candle and opened up a jigsaw puzzle. The aroma was soothing and when I was unable to find a certain peace, the scent helped keep me calm. One memory I did not mean to create was the memory of how important natural light is. As it got darker, I realized that my candle would not be sufficient. Well I guess I'll give in and turn on the electricity.

Faith, Love and Dynamite<3
RiantGorkette

No comments:

Post a Comment