Sunday, August 8, 2010

My Mindset - Logic or Lack There of

I often get asked what goes on in my mind on a daily basis. I decided I'd let you in on how I think... at least on a few topics:

Fingernails in Public-
      When I get on the bus I often get self-conscious of the length of my finger nails. I worry someone might think I'm a crack addict. Truth is I just lost my nail clippers and the result of such is now showing on my freakishly long nails.

Wedgies-
     Wedgies are the worst thing in the world to get in public. I always get nervous that someone will be able to tell that I have one. I then start to argue in my head about what is worse, having everyone know I have a wedgie and think that I'm fine with such a predicament due to my lack of action against it or having everyone see me pick the wedgie out. Is it the crowd I'm nervous of? Or am I too cowardly to rescue myself from the situation, thus admitting to myself that I'm actually going through this ordeal in public? Either way it's just a terrible thing to have happen.

Bus Seat Selections
     When I sit on a bus I sit in the window seat if possible. On the occasions that I am fortunate enough to have an empty see beside me, I don't dare put my purse/luggage there. I think it is rude and I wouldn't want someone else's belongings to be the only thing stopping me from sitting down. That being said, with every new passenger that boards the bus there is a tiny prayer sent up from my seat asking for that not to be the person who has to sit next to me. How hypocritical is that?!

Well those are a few of my daily thoughts, hope you enjoy them!

Faith, Love and Dynamite<3
RiantGorkette

2 comments:

  1. I deliberately put my gear on the empty seat beside me. My rationale being a) I don't want to sit beside anybody, and this will dissuade them, and b) if any one wants to sit there, they can grow a pair and ask me to move my stuff. People shouldn't be such sissies if they want a seat. Public transport is like war.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol I agree it can be easily compared to war, but I would like to think that I am more of a peace keeper in the war. That is until a creeper decides to bug me, then I get loud. No creeper wants attention ;)

    ReplyDelete